Classroom is a web-based coursework, learning and assessment system developed by Foote Francis Pty Ltd (F2), providing organisations with the ability to offer online courses/training with optional assessments at each level.
The Classroom system structure was designed using the textbook model, including a module, chapter and page breakdown for courses offered, with pages being assembled using resources; resources being a combination of one or more HTML pages, PDF documents, animation, images, and web-forms.
Classroom therefore allows for the delivery of rich, interactive content in a structured learning environment and can be optionally configured to include or not include assessments at each level.
The Classroom system structure is therefore defined as follows:
- Provider: The organisation providing the online assessment system
- Course: Various courses as defined by the organisation
- Modules: 1, … , x (Courses can contain modules)
- Chapters: 1, … , y (Modules can contain chapters)
- Pages: 1, … , z (Chapters can contain pages)
- Pages contain resources (documents, text, images, animations, etc.)
- Quiz (at the end of each chapter, optional)
- Test (at end of each module, optional)
- Exam (optional, at end of each course)
- General questions (global questions that can be added anywhere within exams, tests and quizzes, which may or may not relate to the subject matter)